Found a broken printable link? Check my Free Printables page. All the links there are redirected and fixed.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Of Blogging Awards 'n' Such, Pt. 1

Way back in January, Angela from Let's Talk About Boys, awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. It's probably about time to respond to that.

Angela is a mother to four boys and a sister to four brothers. While some women may have a hard time figuring out boys... Angela's got it covered. She is an inspiring writer, and is actually one of the 30 finalists in the Women of Faith Writing Contest.

Ok, so back to the award... here's the dig...



The "rules" of this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award


The 10 Questions...


1. Why did you create this blog?
I have started several blogs over my motherhood years. The first was just a journal type blog. The next was super regimented in an effort to organize my life. Neither of them worked for me. I didn't like my journaling to be... well, so public. The other was way too strict.

Over the past couple years, I've gone through some trials that have changed me in and out. I was to pass on the peace and comfort I've found. I've also found myself realizing that there are other moms out there who are like me, suddenly overwhelmed with motherhood and wondering, "how'd I get here?". The past two years, I've also begun to feel very old (yes, I am over 30 *gasp*) as young mothers (I thought I was one) have asked for my advice on things.

So this blog is a mix of everything... advice, commissary, organizational hopes and attempts, journaling, inspiration, and anything else that comes to mind.

2. What kinds of blogs do you follow?
A lot of craft blogs. Blogs full of preschool/kdg. homeschooling ideas. Blogs of my friends and sisters. Blogs of my fellow OYOLers. A few mom blogs. And of course, Money Saving Mom.

3. Favorite make-up brand?
I don't have a favorite brand. But for my foundation, I only use Maybelline's Pure Makeup.











4. Favorite clothing brand?
Whatever looks good on me... which I'm still trying to figure out.

5. Indispensable makeup product?
ummmmmmmmmmm.... ?

6. Favorite color?
Depends on what you're doing with it. Blue (but not royal or bright), turquoise/teal, black, brown, olive/moss green

7. Favorite perfume?
I strive not to smell - perfume gives me a headache

8. Favorite film?
Next... Maybe?

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Scotland, Ireland.... love the history and the landscape

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Blush... it's easy to wipe off the other side.


Can I just ask... what do these makeup and clothing questions benefit anyone??? Hmmm...


Now on to passing on the award to 7 bloggers
...that I consider to be versatile:

Fairies, French Fries, and Little Baby Kisses
Talk about versatile! You will find everything here... reviews, tutorials, hilarious stories from Esther about her two adorable curly headed boys, great creative writing.

Fantastic Fables
My wonderful sister in law blogs about crafts, life, thoughts on missions, what Gos is doing in her life, her time in Honduras.

Thoughts from Paradise
My amazing friend, Julie, is a missionary wife in Mexico. If you're wanting honest realness, you'll get it from her. She blogs about her daily experiences, her spiritual ponderings, and what God is doing in her heart.

Let's Float Down to Peru
Another very genuine missionary friend. Kat and her husband were called to Peru and answered the call right away. She always has something that challenges me and makes me think.

I Dream of Clean
I just love the title of this blog. And there's so much there to inspire this neat freak wanna be.

Inspired to Action
I have a love/hate relationship with this blog. I subscribe to their emails. I just... hmmm... love the inspiration, but hate the conviction it brings. Lol. If you're serious about making necessary changes, this blog will definitely push you in the right direction.

Small Notebook
This blog has given me a lot to think through about minimalism. I want to be a minimalist, but I'm not done with my excuses yet. lol. She also gives tips on random things and blogs about their recent move to Italy.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thanks for responding. I never know what to do with this things - and totally agree with the random beauty questions. Oh well!

    I completely remember when I woke up one day and asked myself, "Where did all these kids come from?"

    ReplyDelete