Found a broken printable link? Check my Free Printables page. All the links there are redirected and fixed.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Road Trip USA - Delaware

I mentioned before that we are using Erica's Road Trip USA cirriculum (Confession's of a Homeschooler) for geography this year. I think it's a bit advanced for first grade, but we're scaling it down and going at a slower pace. I think if I had an older child doing it with Cherith, we could keep the suggested schedule, because the older one would set the pace. But anyway, we are loving it, along with all the letters from you all! Thanks!!

This week, we've been studying Delaware. We did not know anyone from Delaware, so I requested a visitor's guide from their website. Cherith cut out pictures that appealed to her and put them in her state scrapbook, along with the provided coloring sheet.

Today's project was to make a suspended bridge. Cherith enjoyed the process and is superbly proud of the end product. (This project is definitely better with an older student, as I ended up doing most of it. But she enjoyed working with me.)






3 comments:

  1. Oooo... I thought you were from the OTC. :P HA Ha!

    I didn't realize your were from DE. You can send her a letter, if you like. I'm sure she'd love to add it to her states book. :)

    ReplyDelete