Found a broken printable link? Check my Free Printables page. All the links there are redirected and fixed.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When Motherhood is New {Guest Post}


Hi! I’m Bridgette from over at Fables from PB. I’m the sister in law of Brenda. I’m going to be guest posting every so often when I can actually find time to process my thoughts and put them down on paper… er… on the screen.

You see, I just became a mom as of August 12, 2011. We welcomed home our precious daughter Hope after 19 long hours of labor. Becoming a mom has been the most surreal experience. I can remember filling out the “What I want to be when I grow up…” section of the school house books every year. For the longest time I put that I wanted to be a mommy.  Growing up in the church nursery, I always said I wanted a bazillion kids.

While I have achieved becoming a mom, I think I’ll stick to having just a few kids vs. the bazillion. I love kids. I have babysat since I was 13 years old. So I feel like I know what I’m doing. But boy is it different when the kid you are caring for is your own. The one that you created. The one God entrusted to you. The one that will rely on you for the rest of their life. The one that stole your heart with their first cry and your first peek.

Ah, that sweet baby that you’ve always longed for. Becoming a mother hasn’t been difficult per say, but it certainly has been far different than I could have imagined. I have found myself wondering if I really know what I’m doing and mostly trying to trust my instinct without going all “first time mom” crazy.

So far we’ve been doing good. Catch another post by me on things like cloth diapering, breast feeding, and other new things along the baby journey. And feel free to check out my blog for pictures of the little sweetie.


-Bridgette

1 comment: