Found a broken printable link? Check my Free Printables page. All the links there are redirected and fixed.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lyrical Devotions - Healing Rain Series - "Beloved"

Every year, I create a playlist centered around that year's theme. The first year I did this was 2008. It was a very painful time for me. I was in need of some major healing. God used a lot of songs to minister to me during that time. That's how the very first "year in review" playlist was born. I called it Healing Rain, and it is sorted into five categories - His Relentless Love, His Healing Touch, His forgiveness, His Powerful Work, and His Wonderful Glory . I will share with you the songs and why they mean so much to me over the next several weeks.



Healing Rain Series
His Relentless Love

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
"Love of my life
Look deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need
Give me your life
Lust and the lies
The past you're afraid I might see
You've been running away from me


You're my beloved
Lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
Our Love it unites us
It binds you to me
It's a mystery


Love of my life
Look deep in my eyes
There you will find what you need
I'm the giver of life
I'll clothe you in white
My immaculate bride you will be
Oh come running home to me


You're my beloved
Lover I'm yours
and Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
Our Love it unites us
and it binds you to me


Well you've been a mistress, my wife
Chasing lovers that won't satisfy
Won't you let me make you my bride
You will drink of my lips
And taste new life


You're my beloved
Lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
Our Love it unites us
it binds you to me

It's a mystery"

The word picture communicated in this song is of a disillusioned lover, searching in the wrong places for love and satisfaction, and their true lover wooing them back, promising to bring all fulfillment. What? Wait a minute. So this person cheated, ran to other lovers and took delight in lust, living a lie to all those around them.... and their true lover is not only forgiving them, but wooing them?

This is unheard of these days. All we have to do is stand in line at the grocery store and glance at the magazines. The cover is always about who's cheating on who and who's divorcing who because of it. We probably all personally know at least one couple who have been torn apart by adultery and divorce. It's all around us. It is much more rare to hear of someone who experienced the pain of adultery and not only forgives, but woos their spouse back to them, in an honest desire to keep their vows and love their spouse "til death do us part". (**please see note below)

And yet, this is the love of our Savior. We run after other things and people, taking His love for granted. We gallivant with our delights, then shrug Him off when He comes near. And yet He never gives up. He continues to call out to us and gently woo us to Himself. Amazing love. Truly amazing.


**I am not talking about inappropriate dependence when one continues to allow their spouse to continually hurt them. I am talking about a true love... A choice to forgive. A choice to heal. A choice to love. A choice to be the wife/husband their spouse needs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment